CHRIST’S DISCIPLES’ SEMINARY
Christ’s Disciples’ Seminary is a Theological Institute established by God Himself just as He (the Lord) did established the church (Christ’s Chosen Church of God) with a particular focus. The church that gave birth to the school is Apostolic and Pentecostal in nature and cell. Her commission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ to every creature all over the world and teach them to observe all that Jesus had taught and to make them carry out the responsibility of evangelizing the world. The seminary thus has the golden commission:
Go ye therefore and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.” Matthew 28: 19 – 20.
A BRIEF HISTORY
The seminary is as old as the church that gave birth to her, except that at the beginning the training was mainly informal with the students moving along with their itinerant master, the founder of the church, in the course of fulfilling the great commission given by Jesus Christ.
Today, the seminary has evolved and come to be organized into a formal institution of training Gospel-Teachers, Pastors, Evangelist, Apostles, and other church administrators according to how each person is called and gifted by the Holy Ghost.
Bearing in mind the motto of this seminary i.e. “Go ye therefore and teach all nations,” the student Pastors are trained to have the vision of going into every nook and cranny of the world to save souls for Christ wherever they are sent. The vision is to depopulate the Kingdom of Satan while the kingdom of God is populated. To achieve this objective of saving people from the hand of Satan, the students are trained to:
- Be well grounded in the world of God.
- Be great men of prayers.
- Be men of God who can fast effectively anytime the occasion demands. This is to make them be spiritually strong.
- Be men of God both in words and actions.
The day-to-day running of the school is taken care of by the Rector. He is assisted by the Registrar and the House Master. The Executive Director of the seminary who in – turn represents the interest of the President of the Seminary.
- The students are given a code – of – conduct and daily routine, which serve as guidelines on students’ behavior and daily activities. This is because the seminary operates a boarding system. This is to make for training in self – discipline.
However, the students as occasion warrants are expected to pay school fees which ae reviewed.
- The first and most important requirement is the CALL OF GOD. The church, which owns and runs the seminary, is a Pentecostal evangelical church. Any would-be-minister therefore must be sure the he is definitely called by God into the ministry. He must be convinced beyond doubt through personal revelations that he will be a ready vessel of honour for God after his training. It is difficult, in fact impossible, for anyone who cannot swim to save a drowning person. Therefore he must first be born again. Others who need training in theology and may not want to be ministers may also apply.
- Academic Requirement: – Course are taken at college level. Therefore a minimum of five (5) credits at S.S.C.E. / G.C.E. Ordinary Level (O/L) or its equivalent is necessary for a student to benefit from class work. Only holders of BSc/BA or their equivalents are qualified to be admitted. However, school certificate holders who are children renowned ministers may be admitted.
There is a class attendance register. Any student found to have scored less than eighty –percent (80%) attendance in class work may not be allowed to graduate at the end of the course with his mates.
PRACTICAL AND FIELD TRAINING
- Internally, the Cathedral station or any other one chosen by the school authorities serves as a practicing part in the services where their masters observe and correct them where necessary during class time. Also within class work period the students conduct chapel service where they receive a critical watch from their masters.
- At least two times a week students go out for house-to-house evangelism for practice soul winning exercises.
- Also for a period of two or three months in the year, students move out of the seminary town to conduct practical evangelism.
- They also go out with the church’s revival units under supervision.
However no students is allowed to go out at will without due permission by the school authorities.
DURATION OF THE COURSE
The course last normally for two years. Initially students study in the class for two full years and go out for practical and return to the class occasionally as it is. He himself has been saved and knows how to set about saving others from their sins;
- He has received “the key of St. Peter” – the keys of setting people free and binding Satan – (Matthew 16: 15–19).
- He knows his area of call and is working devotedly with all his heart, mind, soul and strength to achieve the purpose of his calling.
At the end of the course, students are awarded a DIPLOMA CERTIFICATE IN THEOLOGY.